- Air Cleaner: Yes. Removes toxins from the air.
- Difficulty: Moderate - Needs some extra TLC!
- Lighting: Medium to bright indirect/filtered light
- Mature Size: 10" - 24" tall
- Pet Friendly: Yes. Safe for humans and furry friends.
- Ships Within: 5–10 business days
- Watering: High - Calathea must be kept in damp soil at all times, but definitely do not allow the plant to sit in water or in very wet soil.
Calathea is a genus of several dozen species within the Marantaceae family, native to Brazil and Central America. Several varieties of this plant have become popular house plants due to their unique foliage which includes velvety patterned leaves.
Calathea Concinna or Calathea Freddie in its natural habitat is a forest floor dwelling plant which enjoys the shade provided by the plush tropical canopy over head. While it can survive in low light conditions, it may lose its vibrant colors and patterns.
- A healthy plant in its pot with soil
- All the tips and tricks for plant care
Please Note: The pot shown in the pictures may be for inspiration purposes only and does not mean the plant will come with the pot pictured. All plants are shipped in a plastic grower pot unless otherwise stated/chosen.
This plant has been doing amazingly well and is a very pretty addition to my home. All the leaves are still green and strong, despite being in my apartment with poor sunlight. I have had the soil on the dry side with only waterings when the top inch of soil dries out, and it has shown no signs of distress.
I absolutely love my new plant. It has been thriving steadily, and I love that it is so easy to care for. The customer service is also great!
I bought this for my desk at home, and its thriving! Such a cute and elegant way to accent my workspace.
Living Room Ready
Bring your living room or office to life with our unique variety of houseplants.
Plants can make your space more inviting, releasing oxygen, and even helping to improve your mood. All you have to do is order, unpack, and place.
Fully Grown + Healthy
Our skilled gardeners ensure that your houseplant is grown in an optimal environment. From day one till they get ready for shipment, we strive to grow and deliver healthy, thriving and mature plants to you. We aim to pick only the best specimens to ensure that when your plant arrives, it is ready for you to appreciate and take care of!